Thursday, May 29, 2008

AAPG discovers geo-blogging


The June issue of AAPG Explorer is running a story on geo-blogging with a reference to this "Arizona Geology" blog and a few quotes from me as well as from some of the senior bloggers in the field.

At the AAPG annual meeting in April, I joked with the Explorer managing editor Vern Stefanic that since I was blogging about the meeting, I should be allowed into the press room with all the great food and drink. The next thing I knew, Vern had me hooked up with reporter David Brown for a story on the geoblogosphere.

The field is growing dramatically with more and more professional blogs online. Some of the best information I find about natural resources and activities in Arizona comes from the pros who now use blogs as their principal publishing outlet.

There is also a camaraderie among geo-bloggers where we find tips and good stories on each others' sites and pass them along, typically with our own spin or emphasis.

1 comment:

  1. I for one am glad you are blogging - I wonder if more state geologists will start blogging now?

    ReplyDelete