Monday, December 05, 2011

3,000 posts and more to come


Well, I made my 3,000th post on this blog over the weekend. My blogging regimen has been a lot more irregular the past 6 months especially due to travel. But it's still fun and rewarding, so I plan to keep on blathering away.

In fact, I'm writing from San Francisco, where I got in last night for the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting. AZGS staff are giving or co-authoring 11 talks and posters here this week, covering Geothermal Data, GeoSci markup language, post-wildfire debris flows, Peach Springs Tuff, federated data networks.

They expect 22,000 attendees at the meeting. We're doing our first-ever exhibit booth at the meeting, showcasing the State Geothermal Data project and the National Geothermal Data System.

I hope to be blogging from the meeting but between 2 talks, 2 posters, running the booth, formal committee and business meetings, and a lot of one on one confabs, it's going to be a frantic week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Will the recordings/papers/presentations by AZGS staff be posted here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry Fellows11:04 AM

    Thanks for the great public service by posting on this blog, Lee. I enjoy reading your posts.

    Thanks also for your contributions as State Geologist. If I remember correctly, you arrived on the job December 13, 2005, almost exactly six years ago. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete